Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

Feel throbbing pain upper and lower left side with a

Customer Question
Feel throbbing pain upper...

Feel throbbing pain upper and lower left side with a headache, come and goes

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

I take blood pressure med and don't know if it has anything to do with it, but it I start to eat something it might start

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?

That's about it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dental
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/1/2017
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 4 months ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Have you had any stuffiness in your sinus or congestion lately? Do you have a cold?

no

Do you have any missing teeth that have not been replaced?

Are these pains in your mouth?

back end upper lower teeth
a couple missing teeth

If you have missing teeth that have not been replaced,this causes your bit to collapse and changes what we call the vertical dimension. As the teeth drift,it stretches the ligaments of the temporomandibular joint located just in front of your ear. It will cause headaches on the sides of your face from the top of the head all the way to the angle of your lower jaw. Missing teeth are the biggest cause of pain on the sides of the head and TMJ dysfunction. This can be corrected by getting your bite adjusted and replacing the missing teeth. Teeth that are not touching other teeth will drift and stretch the ligaments of the joint causing pain.

The other pain that is caused by having missing teeth is the pain from the periodontal ligament that surrounds each tooth. The excess pressure exerted on the tooth will cause the tooth itself to to ache even though there is nothing wrong with the tooth.Each tooth that you lose,allows too much pressure on the remaining teeth and will irritate the periodontal ligament.

If you grind or clench your teeth,it will make the whole condition worse.

I need to go and feed my animals. I will be back in a little while.

Ok ,The donkeys,goats , chickens and ducks have all been fed. Do you have any further questions?

If you have no further questions,please leave a rating. We get no credit for our time without one. Thanks

Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)