Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

My grandmother is 80 and her tooth fell out. No blood came…

Customer Question
hello there,My grandmother is 80...
hello there,My grandmother is 80 and her tooth fell out. No blood came out and she used anti bacterial mouth wash. Is it a pressing emergency to see the dentist or it can wait for 48 hours for an appointment. I worry if it is susceptible to infection and require attention now ?ThanksHaidar
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dental
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/30/2017
Dentist: Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 4 months ago
Lara Coseo
Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Hello, Haidar! Would it be possible for you to get a photo of the site where her tooth fell out? I would be able to give you much better advice then.

In general, if the tooth fell out on its own, it likely had severe periodontal disease with no bone attachment. These teeth can fall out without bleeding, and in general, there is not much for a dentist to do.

I would feel better about telling you it is okay to wait 48 hours if I could see it, though, just to be safe.

Does that help?

Dr. Lara

Lara Coseo
Lara Coseo
Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)