Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I had a dental cavity that started 3 years back and it seems…

Customer Question
I had a dental cavity...
I had a dental cavity that started 3 years back and it seems to have affected some of the upper teeth with erosion.I never paid attention to it as there was no pain.Now I have mustered enough courage to visit a dentist next week.But I am really concerned.I do have acute phobia of dentist visits
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dental
11/28/2017
Dentist: Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 6 months ago
Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Hi, so sorry to read that you have a problem seeing a dentist. You are not alone but thank goodness dentistry today is a painless experience when you have an experienced dentist and staff.

If you can upload a photo or photos of the erosion areas you are concerned about I would be better able to comment:

You can use this link for instructions: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert ,

You can use the "PAPER CLIP ICON" ,

OR you can use a photo hosting site like: https://www.flickr.com/ , http://imgur.com/, http://photobucket.com/ and then send me the link.

Can you also tell me if you have any symptoms with any of the teeth that have erosion?

Thank you.

Hi, do you need more help?

Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience: Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA, American Academy of Oral Medicine