Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I have a small lump in my gum between my 2 front teeth,

Customer Question
I have a small...

I have a small lump in my gum between my 2 front teeth

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?

Swelled up a bit more and i haven't gone to the dentist in awhile

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dental
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/27/2017
Dentist: Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 4 months ago
Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

If you can upload a photo it would help in the diagnosis.

You can use this link for instructions: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert ,

You can use the "PAPER CLIP ICON" ,

OR you can use a photo hosting site like: , https://www.flickr.com/ , http://imgur.com/, http://photobucket.com/ and then send me the link.

Thank you.

I have sent you 2 pics

Thanks for the excellent pics!

Would you please tell me your age and what if any medications you are now taking.

It appears that you have a periodontal abscess at the very least and you will need to see your dentist asap for help.

An X-ray and examination will reveal the exact cause of the infection so it can be properly treated.

For now you must begin warm salt water rinses: you can dissolve ½-teaspoon of salt in 8 ounces of water as hot as can be safely tolerated, and rinse vigorously for about 2 minutes at least every 2-3 hours. Please do not put any heat on the outside of your face.

If you also have pain you can take 2 Advil (400mg) every 4-6 hours along with 2 Tylenol (650 mg) every 4-6 hours. Please do not use this regimen if there is a history of peptic ulcer or liver disease or if you are taking blood thinners. This combination is as effective as a prescription medication.

An antibiotic would be helpful as well if it is available and Amoxicillin or Clindamycin would be the drugs of choice for dental infections. If you do not have any just be sure to call the dentist early tomorrow and get in for help.

It may just be a simple periodontal infection which is easily treated. Once you are examined you will know!!

Does all this make sense to you?

Are you still there?

Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor