Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

My top and bottom right hand teeth - first two molars after…

Customer Question
My top and bottom...

My top and bottom right hand teeth - first two molars after canine teeth - started hurting about 2 hours ago and are now very sore. The soreness is now spreading into the other teeth around them. what could have caused this?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Biting down really hard or pushing hard on the affected teeth make the pain go away. It started a few hours ago

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?

Don't think so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dental
11/22/2017
Dentist: Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 8 months ago
Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Hi, if there are restorations in these teeth it is possible that one or more of the nerves in these teeth has started to die or is dead. That would account for tenderness to biting and pressure. It could also be a bite issue from trauma but that usually just involves the affected teeth and not the entire arch. Do you also have any sensitivity to hot or cold foods? Any swelling?

Pain when biting is an indication that the ligaments surrounding the teeth are inflamed and that is either from trauma or infection.

When was your last dental visit?

Dentist: Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 7 months ago

Hi, do you still need help with this issue?