Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

Can stress cause my mouth to be sore all over. I have to get…

Customer Question
Can stress cause my...

Can stress cause my mouth to be sore all over

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any recent swelling? Do you have any tooth pain?

No, I have to get a tooth put on a post and I am scare of the dentist. I have had much work done before but this dentist has caused me get stress. I have great fear. This morning my mouth is on fire.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, I am healthy, I had bridge work back home, I have had to wait for this post work for 10 months as we live in a different area for the winter. I never had a problem with any work before. Today is suppose to be my day to get my tooth put on. Maybe it is all in my head, but something is not right. Anyway, I woke up with my mouth on fire. I have had to wear a flipper in my mouth and it causes me pain when I am nervous. Anything that can make me not feel my mouth

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dental
11/21/2017
Dentist: Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 8 months ago
Lara Coseo
Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Hi, there. I'm sorry to hear you're having pain in your mouth. Could you answer a few questions for me?

1) How long have you been feeling this soreness?

2) How long have you worn the flipper?

3) Could you take a photo of the flipper (outside of your mouth) and upload it for me to look at?

4) Do you wear your flipper at night while you sleep?

Sincerely,

Dr. Lara

This just happened over night. I have wore the flipper for 10 months only during the day. I guess what I wanted was something to calm my mouth. It is most likely nerves and I am just fearful. I have had a bad experience with this dentist twice in the last 3 weeks. It may go away on its own. I have been using salt water and listerine.

Okay, thank you for answering those questions. I had suspected an allergy to the acrylic of flipper, but it sounds like that's not the case.

Listerine could be too harsh. Stick with the salt water.

Do you feel a burning sensation over your whole mouth? Or just pain in the teeth?

Dr. Lara

Actually, I didn't know that this was going to cost so much. Let us just stop this and please don't sign me up for anything. I just thought there was something to calm my mouth. I am sure it is just nerves as my mouth does not have any sore in it. Sorry to bother you
Thank you, ***** *****