Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

My dentist found a mol on tooth #5. how can you get a cavity…

Customer Question
my dentist found a mol...
my dentist found a mol on tooth #5. how can you get a cavity on the smooth side where the tongue is on that tooth? feels weird to me.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dental
11/20/2017
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 5 months ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Please stand by. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you shortly.Feel free to ask about anything that is unclear.

Cavities can extend to any surface on the tooth. It really depends a lot on how much decay has undermined the healthy enamel that dictates how many and which surfaces are involved.I would be glad to look at the xray. A picture of the tooth would help even more.Most decay does not start on the tongue side of the tooth like you described.

Please let the moderator know that you have opened a new thread for the same question so that you will not be charged twice.

Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)