Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I had had my wisdom tooth removed about 3 moths ago. Half of…

Customer Question
I had had my...

I had had my wisdom tooth removed about 3 moths ago. Half of my toungue is numb, there is no taste and it feels heavy. My dentist says I have to live with this condition for life. I am 55. Can large doeses of Vitamin B help?

Doctor's Assistant: Do you have any gum pain? Do you any discomfort in your jaw?

No

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

The dentist wated to remove both, the upper and lower molars. He could not remove the upper one even after trying for one hour. In the process, he broke down my upper tooth and now it is paining there

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dental
11/20/2017
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 7 months ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

There is no research supporting any evidence that Vitamin B will cure a surgically induced trauma to your nerve.Was this a qualified oral surgeon who extracted your wisdom tooth? It sounds as if the dentist that you went to lacked experience. Your best bet is to find a surgeon who is trained in microsurgery to see if they can repair what your dentist destroyed. He should have referred you if your feeling had not returned or started to return in 30 days.There is some evidence that steroid treatments can help but not vitamin B with surgical trauma that severe.

If you have no further questions,please leave a rating. We get no credit for our time without one. Thanks