Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I have some sharp pain in my mouth on one side. Its within…

Customer Question
I have some sharp...

I have some sharp pain in my mouth on one side. Its within the soft tissue adjecent too my canine. I felt around both sides and right where this pain is i have 2 enlarged lumps on both sides of my mouth but only 1 side hurts. This pain also feel close to the beginning of my jaw

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any recent swelling? Do you have any tooth pain?

No, this pain started today. But no tooth pain.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?

I do feel some swelling in the area of pain though.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dental
11/18/2017
Dentist: Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 5 months ago
Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Hi, sorry you are in pain at this time.

If you can upload a photo it would help in the diagnosis.

You can use this link for instructions: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert ,

You can use the "PAPER CLIP ICON" ,

OR you can use a photo hosting site like: , https://www.flickr.com/ , http://imgur.com/, http://photobucket.com/ and then send me the link.

Thank you.

Are you able to upload a photo?

Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience: Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA, American Academy of Oral Medicine