Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

My soon to be 5 year old is cutting her 6 year old molars.

Customer Question
My soon to be...

My soon to be 5 year old is cutting her 6 year old molars. Is 100.1 fever and stomach ache a common symptom?

Doctor's Assistant: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

It just started last night. Waking up in pain and crying saying her teeth hurt

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dental
11/16/2017
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 5 months ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

It would be extremely rare for erupting teeth to cause a systemic infection that leads to fever. It is most likely a coincidence that your daughter has picked up a virus which is causing her fever. Stomach aches and fever is not a symptom of erupting teeth. Monitor her temperature carefully and give tylenol or ibuprofen every four hours to make sure the fever does not become severe. Children can run higher fevers than adults and if her temperature reaches 103, it will be important that the tylenol or ibuprofen is given around the clock. Make sure that she stays hydrated. I hope that she feels better soon.

Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)