Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I went to the dentist and had a temp filling put in the day…

Customer Question
Hi, I went to...

Hi, I went to the dentist and had a temp filling put in the day before yesterday, I'm still in so much pain, all the way down my neck and three teeth down is this normal?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the neck pain? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?

Tingling since yesterday

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dental
This is the third time they have put in a temp filling, they are scared to pull or do a root cannel because my roots are rounded so I'm waiting for an app at the specialist but am really struggling with the pain in the mean time.
11/15/2017
Dentist: Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 8 months ago
Lara Coseo
Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Hi, there! I am so sorry to hear you are having this problem. Do you know if, during the temporary filling procedure, they removed any part of the nerve inside the tooth? Or did they just cover over the problem?

If they did not remove any of the nerve, with your level of pain, you may need to attempt to see a root canal specialist for an emergency pulpectomy. This is where the specialist accesses the internal chamber of the tooth and quickly pulls out as much of the nerve as possible without completing the full root canal procedure. This should alleviate much of your pain and buy you some time to have the complete root canal procedure done at a later time. Does that make sense?

What are you taking for pain?

Sincerely,

Dr. Lara