Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I had wisdom tooth extraction over 2 weeks ago, in the last…

Customer Question
Hi I had wisdom...

Hi I had wisdom tooth extraction over 2 weeks ago, in the last two days there's a lump on the inside of me my gum above where wisdom tooth was removed is this normal I should I get advice from my dentist?

Doctor's Assistant: Do you have any gum pain? Do you any discomfort in your jaw?

I find discomfort when tying to open my mouth it's sore when I touch it from the outside

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dental
11/12/2017
Dentist: Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 8 months ago
Lara Coseo
Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Hi, there! I'd be happy to help you figure out what's going on with this lump. Are you able to see the lump, or do you only feel it? Do you think it would be possible to take a photo of the area so that I can see the lump?

I would like to rule out an infection.

The gum tissues go through lots of changes in shape as they heal over an extraction site, so it could be normal.

Sincerely,

Dr. Lara