Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

Second question. I have the disease Mucus Membrane

Customer Question
Second opinion] second question. I...
Second opinion] second question. I have the disease Mucus Membrane Phemphigoid. Forgot how to spell it. anyway have had this for over 5 years. any news on how to put this in remission!! It's unnerving! blood blisters as well as water blisters. have one spot that hasnt healed and its a blood bath every time I brush my teeth. Yes I use a baby soft toothbrush. Have tried steriodal mouth wash, zip.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dental
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/11/2017
Dentist: Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 5 months ago
Lara Coseo
Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Good evening! I'm sorry your MMP is flaring up right now. Which of your doctors is treating you for it? For severe cases (which it sounds like you may be a severe case), usually some oral medications are necessary, including steroids, antimetabolites, immunosuppressant drugs, or alkylating drugs. This is a complicated treatment and should be handled by a specialist, like a periodontist or a specialist in a stomatology clinic. Have you been referred to either of these specialists already?

As far as an over-the-counter aid, it sounds like you are already doing all that you can. I think it's time to be a little more aggressive in your treatment.

Sincerely,

Dr. Lara

Lara Coseo
Lara Coseo
Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)