Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

A few day ago my back gums on the lower left started to hurt…

Customer Question
Hi! A few day...

Hi! A few day ago my back gums on the lower left started to hurt and i thought it was from my wisdom tooth since i havnt had any come up up but then i felt a bump below on the inner side by my tongue the skin was very soft and i could feel something hard and kind of pointy underneath. Yesterday when i was brushing my teeth i went to feel the bump but was met with something pointy which was whatever it was below the gum it is a little flexilble and it hurts when i touch ut but other than that it only really hurts when i eat. Is thus something i should be worried about?

Doctor's Assistant: Do you have any gum pain? Do you any discomfort in your jaw?

Just a but of gum pain but mostly when i eat

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dental
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/10/2017
Dentist: Just Dental Truths!, Dentist replied 7 months ago
Just Dental Truths!

It to me sounds as if it may possibly be the wisdom tooth. Sometimes they can be angled differetly than one would think, and even come in sideways, and rarely but even upside down almost.

If you've not been to your Dentist for a bit, I would suggest such. They can take an xray and determine if it is the wisdom tooth coming in on an angle or pointedly towards the inner side of the tongue as you feel it might be doing.

So, my strong recommendation would be to get an xray. Especially a panoramic xray, as it will show the entire mouth with one x-ray (including all four wisdom teeth). I hope this helps you!

Dr. Rampton

*Please do rate my answer. And also feel free to ask any additional questions should you have such - OK? Thanks -

I'm going to "hit the hay", as I've got to work tomorrow, but if you need to ask additional questions/concerns, please do not hesitate and I'll look at such tomorrow - alright?

Thanks, ***** ***** a great evening. I think it may likely be your wisdom tooth #17 giving you the problem.

*Please rate my answer when I've answered you completely.

I thought it was my wisdom tooth but the peice sticking out is very thin maybe as thick as a needlebut id say a bit thinner

I understand. On some occasions, the wisdom teeth will have broken off a tiny piece of bone surrounding it. It's difficult to say if this happened, but if we assume it did, your Dentist, upon visiting him or her, could evaluate and take care of it likely very easy.

Dr. Rampton

If I've answered your question satisfactorily, could you then please RATE my answer, as that is how we are reimbursed for our time, answering questions and all. Thank you kindly!

Still there?

Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!, Dentist