Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

My crown fell off and I won't be able to see the dentist…

Customer Question
My crown fell off...

My crown fell off and I won't be able to see the dentist until Monday Oct 23rd.

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last visit to the dentist? Any irregular checkups?

I just had this crown put on Thursday, Oct 19th.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?

I believe I am in good health and don't know of any medical complications with the installation of the crown. We had a hard time getting the bite right and maybe the adhesive bond was weaken during the fitting.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dental
10/21/2017
Dentist: Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 7 months ago
Lara Coseo
Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Good morning! I'd be happy to guide you into getting this crown on temporarily until your appointment on 10/23. Is the inner surface of the crown clean? If you have touched it a lot, it's a good idea to wash it in soap and hot water. If you see excess cement lining the inside, try to clean that out with some type of small sharp instrument before washing it.

You will need to practice putting it onto your tooth to make sure you know the way it is supposed to fit. Once you have practiced and feel confident that you can get it in the right position, you can use some temporary dental cement (available at any drug store). Put a thin layer inside the crown and press it into place with your finger, first. Then confirm with your bite that you have it in the correct spot (this is why practicing is so important).

You will need to avoid any sticky or very chewy foods over the weekend.

Does that answer your question?

Sincerely,

Dr. Lara

Hi, there! We're you able to get your crown back into place with a temporary cement? Do you have any other questions for me?

Sincerely,

Dr. Lara

Lara Coseo
Lara Coseo
Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)