Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

Daughter's gum behind her molar is painful. she does not…

Customer Question
Daughter's gum behind her...

Daughter's gum behind her molar is painful. she does not have a wisdom there. this was told to her 2 years ago. pain seems to be starting to radiate into her jaw. feels pain now when she even speaks.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Pain started yesterday. She has flossed and brushed thinkning just food caught there. but since awakening today, pain has increased. So far she hasn't found anything to make it better. She's about to perform the salt water rinse. Sleeping on it seemed to make it worse

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?

Only thing I can think of is she had a mucous cyst removed 2 years ago inside lower front lip area.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dental
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/17/2017
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 8 months ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

How old is your daughter? Is it possible for you to upload a picture of the area?Was a panoramic xray taken of her mouth two years ago?

21 but away at college. Yes it was. I was just telling her to call her dentist office and ask about that xray again.

This is an age where we see the wisdom teeth erupting. Many times, they take a full mouth series of xrays but they fail to show the wisdom teeth. I would be glad to review the xray for you if you can get it.

A panorex xray would show the wisdom teeth if they were there but a full mouth series many times will not.

Can she send a picture to you of this area so that I can see what is going on?