Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

The dentist accidentally drilled through the bottom of the…

Customer Question
The dentist accidentally drilled...

The dentist accidentally drilled through the bottom of the tooth while doing a root canal and installed a fiber glass rod that protruded through the bottom of the tooth. THE TOOTH WAS IMMEDIATELY VERY PAINFUL AND WITHIN DAYS THE TOOTH GOT VERY LOOSE AND HAD TO BE PULLED nOW WHAT DO i DO. THE DOCTOR BOTCHED THE ROOT CANAL

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

THE TOOTH WAS BEYOND PAIN AND WAS SHOCKING ME. IT IS MY UNDERSTANDING THAT WHEN THE BOTTOM OF THE TOOH IS DRILLED THE TOOTH IS RUINED

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?

No . The owner of the practice was not very happy when he saw the tooth drilled through

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dental
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/9/2017
Dentist: Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 10 months ago
Lara Coseo
Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Good afternoon! I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through. Do I understand correctly that the tooth has already been extracted, and you want to know what the next step is?

Sincerely,

Dr. Lara