Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I just got my wisdom teeth taken out. (14 days ago). I had a…

Customer Question
I just got my...

I just got my wisdom teeth taken out. (14 days ago). I had a lot of issues after, but my socket started bleeding tonight. Is that nromal? normal after irrigation

Doctor's Assistant: Do you have any gum pain? Do you any discomfort in your jaw?

I have slight pain, I just take ibprophen a couple times a day I had dry sockets they put in packing and I have muscle issues around the mouth area, which they put me on muscle relaxers for This is just the first time the pocket has bled when using the syringe to clean it

Doctor's Assistant: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.

What do you need to know?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dental
10/6/2017
Dentist: Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 7 months ago
Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
Hi, normally 14 days following an extraction there should be no bleeding. However, because you had a dry socket then you coukd have bleeding because the granulation tissue which is organizing in the hole is very vascular and there has not been sufficient time for the granulating tissue to organize Well enough to create a healthy barrier between the bone below and the tissue above. When there are complications from a dry socket that requires several packings it means that the healing is slow and it will take much more time to heal well enough so that no bleeding will occur. As long as there is no swelling or fever or severe pain and the bleeding stopped on its own you should be ok. Be gentle when youbirrigate so as not to disturb the granulating tissue. If the bleeding continues then you can stop it with tea bags or if that does not help and the pain increases you will, unfortunately, have to back to your dentist for more packing. It normall takes 4-6 weeks for the socket to heal but given your problems expect it to take longer. Does all this make sense to you?
Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor