Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I had a broken cap which i tied together with unbreakable…

Customer Question
i had a broken cap...

i had a broken cap which i tied together with unbreakable floss. i finally found a dentist to remove the cap, but left residue from the previous cap. My gums are very sore and burning. I can't get a dentist or peridonist to cut the floss so it will come out. They can not see it on an xray and will not remove what they can't see. I've seen several dentists with different excuses not to take the filling residue off my tooth and to cut the unbreakable floss. May have to have tooth removed to break all the floss. Is there anything else I can do because floss in traped in teeth where there must receded gum tissue. Please help I am in pain.  My grandson just changed internet and put in new email. If it doesn't take can you call?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dental
10/5/2017
Dentist: Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 10 months ago
Lara Coseo
Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Good morning! I'm so sorry to hear you are having this problem. Have you already been in to see a periodontist for this issue? Or just the dentist who removed the cap? Do you think you could get a photo of the area, so I can see what's going on?

Sincerely,

Dr. Lara