Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I have a seven-year-old that brushes twice a day and we're…

Customer Question
I have a seven-year-old that...
I have a seven-year-old that brushes twice a day and we're just wondering if it would be a good idea to have their baby molars sealed? To date they have had no cavities.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dental
10/1/2017
Dentist: Eric Goldstein, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Eric Goldstein

Hello. My names is Doctor Goldstein and I just read through your question.

As long as the dental exams have been ok and teeth are being brushed twice per day, there really is no need to do this.

Dentist: Beth Dorian, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 7 months ago
Beth Dorian
Beth Dorian, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Not necessary to seal baby molars. But, by the age of 7, the first molars (permanent teeth) have probably erupted by now. It's not a bad idea to have those sealed if they have deep grooves that collect plaque easily.

Beth Dorian
Beth Dorian