Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

This is a dental question, but I cant reach my dentist .is…

Customer Question
This is a dental...

This is a dental question, but I cant reach my dentist .is there a place on the web to ask a dental question? 1st, I will ask you..I had root canal Monday, then I had a flareup Thursday...pain.I am taking an antibiotic and pain pills. I now have some pain, and Ilooked at my gums over ths upper tooth, and the gums are bulging out, pink, and ahve a grey streak.I called my dentist, but have not heard from him, so I am asking your advice Sandra Okinow***@******.***

Doctor's Assistant: Are you experiencing any swelling? Do your gums bleed when you brush or floss?

My gums were bleeding, and my cheek is somewhat swollen..not bleeding now, instead are bulging out like I had said,etc.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, nothing unusual

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dental
10/1/2017
Dentist: Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 10 months ago
Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
Hi, sorry to hear yiu are having this problem now. Can you tell me if the root canal was completed on Monday or do you need to return for another visit to complete tgecroot canal? Thanks.
Sorry for the typos I am on an IPad!
Can you also tell me what antbiotic you are taking and the dosage?
Are you still having problems or has everything calmed down for you?