Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

My mouth. NO I have some cavities that need to be filled…

Customer Question
NO I have some...

NO I have some cavities that need to be filled next week and I do have gum disease the early stages. I've tried colgate peroxl

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?

No nothing I also need two teeth extracted that are rotting in the back Should I get cavities filled first or teeth pulled?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dental
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/29/2017
Dentist: Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 8 months ago
Lara Coseo
Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Good afternoon! I think part of your original question was cut off. All I see is the words "my mouth". Can you repeat it for me, please?

Sincerely,

Dr. Lara

My mouth has a horrible taste I need two teeth extracted and four cavities filled

Thank you. Sorry for the repetition.

I read your note that you have some teeth to be extracted that are rotting. That can definitely be the cause of a bad taste and a bad smell in your mouth. Once a tooth has a large cavity in it, it's really difficult to keep the food and bacteria out of it, so it becomes a collection place for all sorts of bad-smelling stuff.

Peroxyl is not my favorite mouthwash for bacteria. Peroxide sometimes gives you an even worse taste in your mouth. The best thing for bad taste and/or smell is an alcohol-free antiseptic mouthwash. Listerine and Crest both make an alcohol-free mouthwash.

This should not be a continual problem after those teeth are extracted, though.

Does that answer your question?

Dr. Lara