Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I had a small gap between my front teeth and had the gap…

Customer Question
I had a small...

I had a small gap between my front teeth and had the gap bonded so now the two front teeth are flush.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?

No swelling, I just saw my dentist and he said that everything looks good in my mouth. The teeth look great but I just have (what I would describe) as tightness or pressure among my teeth. I guess my month doesn't feel as completely normal as it once did. The dentist said that if sands down the bonding then it will once again create a space where food could get stuck so he said my only option would be to have the bonding removed. The bonding was done a few weeks ago so do you think my mouth or teeth overall will eventually feel completely normal again???

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?

No! I'm healthy. I also think the dentist did a good job so maybe it's just me???

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dental
9/26/2017
Dentist: Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 10 months ago
Lara Coseo
Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Good afternoon! Do you feel that the tightness is only located on those two front teeth, or does it kind of spread out to encompass all of your front teeth?

There are some very find polishing strips that can be used to lighten that area of pressure, but there is a small risk of the space opening.

Typically, there would be an unusual sensation when it is first done since you have not had contact between these teeth before now. However, that pressure sensation should subside relatively soon, and you said it's been a few weeks.

Does the feeling of tightness change when you floss?

Sincerely,

Dr. Lara