Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I have sore gums which just started. Especially after

Customer Question
eating. I started taking cymbals...
I have sore gums which just started. Especially after eating. I started taking cymbals 6 weeks ago at 60mg. starting 4 week, developed severe muscle twitching, kept me from sleeping for 4 days. Neurologist unavailable, ER Dr. told be to cut Cymbalta back to 30mg. Twitching went away but eventually returned after 15 days at 30mg thats when the Gum Soreness started. Dental Surgeon looked but could find any physical evidence. Is it another Cymbalta Side effect?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dental
9/24/2017
Dentist: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Well it can lead to dry mouth and oral sores. Dryness of mouth leads to increased vulnerability to sores and infections.

If Cymbalta isnt sitting too well with you then you can switch to other medications for neuropathy like pregabalin, gabapentin etc. These medications are usually well tolerated.

Right now you apply oral gel such as zilactin B/ orajel or somogel that contains lignocaine and an antiseptic.

For inflammation you may take ibuprofen. It should in few days time.

Let me know if you have any further queries

Zilactin -B or orajel or somogel which ever is available