Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I just had my temporary crown fall off. Do I need to get it…

Customer Question
I just had my...

I just had my temporary crown fall off. Do I need to get it replaced or can I go without?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a dentist about this yet?

They put the temporary on Wednesday

Doctor's Assistant: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.

I was fitted for a crown on Wednesday and a temporary one was put on my tooth. I have an appointment on Oct 9th for the permanent crown to be put in place. In the meantime, my temporary crown just fell off. Do I need to go and have another temporary put on?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?

No swelling ; Thurs the 21st

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dental
9/24/2017
Dentist: Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 8 months ago
Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Hi, if you are symptom free there is no rush to return to your dentist as an emergency.

Many patients leave the temp crowns off as long as they are pain free.

If you wish you can just go the drugstore near you and get some temporary cement and replace it yourself.

They are all available over the counter and are easy to use:
CVS Temporary Lost Filling & Loose Cap Repair and DenTek Temparin Max - Lost Filling & Loose Cap Repair are excellent products.
DENTEMP is very strong and Recapit No Mix Cement, Maximum Strength, 1 g. also by Dentemp are excellent products.

Then on Monday just call your dentist and tell them that it came off and you replaced it with temp cement and ask if you need to come in or if you are ok until 10-9. This way you will be confident that you did the right thing.

Hope all this makes sense to you?

If you need more information please ask. If you do I will answer in the morning because I am signing off for the night.

Thanks.

Good morning! Do you need more help with this issue?

Are you still there??

Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor