Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I bite into an egg that i microwaved last night...it popped…

Customer Question
Hi! I bite...

Hi! I bite into an egg that i microwaved last night...it popped and burned my top gums and lip. I have some weird blistering on my lips and two small sores on my gum. What should i apply to them?

Doctor's Assistant: Are you experiencing any swelling? Do your gums bleed when you brush or floss?

My lips are swollen..it has gone down considerably from this morning. There looks like tiny blisters on the inside of them but they aren't puffy blisters if that makes sense. My gums did not bleed when I brushed this morning. I was going to wait to brush till i went to bed as I don't want to disturb the sores that i noticed today. My lips feel odd...kind of numb but with kind of a chapped feeling.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have celiac.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dental
9/22/2017
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 8 months ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

What you are experiencing is a normal response to a burn. The good thing is that the tissues of the mouth heal quickly. You can expect to see healing over the next six days and then you should be fine. Any of the topical pain ointments for the mouth like Orajel can be used to reduce the pain. The best thing to use is a prescription item called Kenalog in Orabase or Triamcinolone. Your dentist or doctor can call this in for you to the pharmacy.It will take away the pain in seconds and also help t heal more quickly.

Is there any other information that you need?

If you have no further questions,please leave a rating. We get no credit for our time without one. Thanks

Please leave a rating.

Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)