Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I had a bone grafting done and 2 teeth pulled with sinus…

Customer Question
I had a bone...

I had a bone grafting done and 2 teeth pulled with sinus lift...i lost 1 of the sutures and there is a space indented between 2 teeth......is that normal

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?

Upper jaw

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?

No 10 days out from procedure wanted to make sure that indent between 2 teeth pulled is normal or if i lost the bone or if the jaw bone will heal around it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dental
9/22/2017
Dentist: Just Dental Truths!, Dentist replied 8 months ago
Just Dental Truths!

There typically is a space indented between all of our teeth. Thicker bone around where the roots are, so while a very good question, it shouldn't be of any troubling concern. With regard to the loss of the suture, it may may not be of concern. If you feel that the tissue/gum is separating where the one suture came out, then it would be prudent to dash in today to see your Dentist or whomever placed the suture for a replacement (at no cost to you - other than your time of course). But, if there seems to be little to no displacement of the tissue, then I'd merely keep an eye on it and observe it day to day. Does that make sense?

Dr. Rampton

still there?