Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

My orthodontist put thicker wires on my braces and said he…

Customer Question
Hi, my orthodontist put thicker...
Hi, my orthodontist put thicker wires on my braces and said he was putting something that starts with a P to help finish correcting my overbite faster at my next visit. I can't remember the name now. Do you know what it's called?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dental
9/21/2017
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 10 months ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Pendex, Positioner and Pendulum are the only ones that come to mind. Do any of these sound familiar?

No... a something scrub. I just want to know so I can mentally prepare myself for the pain.

I checked with my orthodontist friend and he is unfamiliar with any appliance that has scrub in its name. I am sorry. I will opt out and see if any one else knows what you are referring to.

Dentist: Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 10 months ago
Lara Coseo
Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Good evening! Are you still looking for an answer? I'd be happy to help you figure out what to expect with your braces.

Sincerely,

Dr. Lara