Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

If I was eating chips and my finger hit my tooth instead of…

Customer Question
If I was eating chips...
If I was eating chips and my finger hit my tooth instead of going straight into my mouth would this be enough force to hurt my front tooth?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dental
9/20/2017
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 11 months ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

If the impact was strong enough,the ligament around the tooth could get inflamed from the trauma. The damage is not permanent but the periodontal ligament is very sensitive to any change in pressure. This will correct itself within a day or two. Taking ibuprofen 600 mg every 4 hours will act as an anti-inflammatory and significantly reduce any pain that you are having with the tooth.I don't think that you really have anything to worry about. This will correct itself in a short time.

Is there anything else that I can help you with?

If you have no further questions,please leave a rating. We get no credit for our time without one. Thanks