Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
Experience:  Endodontist (DDS,MS)-50 years of practice, Endodontics Assoc. Professor at Loyola University School of Dentistry, Air Force Veteran
76222449

Just wordering if I was to have my teeth removed will that

Hello , just wordering if I was to have my teeth removed will that stop/assist gum disease?
JA: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?
Customer: Yes I have swelling and bleeding. Have beet having teeth pocjets scaled for several years. Latest visit to dentidt is 1 month
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.
Customer: What sort of information? I have advanced gum disease. Have had a few teeth removed on top but 11 teeth left. They move and are loose. Have had roit canal in 1. From memory there esre a few 8 pockets. My question is if I was to have my top teeth removed and a denture will that make the gum disease worse or even better.

Hi, without teeth there is no gum disease!!!

Once all your teeth are removed any gum disease is gone forever because there are no longer teeth in your mouth.

You will never have gum disease with a full denture. Teeth that are not removed and support a partial denture are susceptible to gum disease. I hope this answers your question??

Do you need more information?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Fantastic exactly what i wanted to hear

Wonderful!! Glad to be able to help!

When you get a chance please rate my reply so that I get credit for responding.

Thanks and good luck!! :):)