Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

I am having last of top teeth removed and getting immadiate…

i am having last of...
i am having last of top teeth removed and getting immadiate denture soon- any tips for before and after appt
9/19/2017
Just Dental Truths!

Before; I'd either purchase at a Walmart or drug store or obtain free samples from your Dentist of FIXODENT. It may come in handy for after the extractions to hold Immediate in for 8 to 12 weeks, until the Immediate is relined to fit better.

Also, I'd ascertain that you have Advil or Tylenol, and likely a prescription strength pain medication from your Dentist, again to be used after the extractions if needed.

After; Be prepared for some less than perfect situations. All I mean by that is 'adaption' . Adaption to a new set of teeth that will likely feel somewhat different, for a couple weeks anyway. And not fully functional until after the reline about 3 months out post-extraction time. Swish gingerly with warm water several times a day. Some prefer mouthwash, if so use non-alcoholic preferentially.

Other than the above, I think you'll LIKELY be in shape!

All the best to you...

Dr. Rampton

*please ask any follow ups should you have such, and please do rate my answer. Thanks!

Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!, Dentist