Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I take meds that cause dry mouth and I smoked for years

Customer Question
before quitting 10 years ago...
I take meds that cause dry mouth and I smoked for years before quitting 10 years ago. I have 3 teeth left with all the others broken off at the gum. I have one relatively large pimple-like bump that can be popped and pus is expressed. Upon occasion it will express blood as well. I also have 6 morepimple-like bumps all located in the front and side of the right side of my mouth on the lower gums. These have been there for 9 or 10 months - just after my dental exam when 3 teeth were pulled. I also have sores on inside of cheeks that have been there as long as pimples have been.
I know they should all be pulled in preparation for dentures. My question is could there be a chance this is early stages of cancer. I seem to fit all the symptoms listed for that. I do not have dental insurance as I am disabled and on Medicare. Medicare will not pay for any dental procedures except one where bone has to be corrected for issues connected with jaw problems. I'm looking at $5200 as the least I can get this done and this is if there is no oral surgery for these teeth that are totally broken off at or slightly below the gum. I am passed having any pain
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dental
9/19/2017
Dentist: Vakul Aren, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and i will help with your query.There are free dental clinics available,here is a site which can help you find a free dental clinic near you-http://www.freedentalcare.us/members.php. most states does provide clinics for the poor .

http://hsvfreedental.org/about-us/ is another site of interest.

Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience: Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA, American Academy of Oral Medicine