Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

My crown fell out with the post attached but I can put it…

Customer Question
My crown fell out...

My crown fell out with the post attached but I can put it back in. I can't afford an implant right now what should I do?

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last visit to the dentist? Any irregular checkups?

About a month ago. she told me the tooth was broken and needed an implant

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?

Gum is sore and I have a foul taste in my mouth, I was last seen at the dentist on 8/24

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Dental
9/18/2017
Dentist: Just Dental Truths!, Dentist replied 9 months ago
Just Dental Truths!

There are some cements, mostly temporary cements on the over the counter market. Don't use these!

I would suggest that you see your Dentist tomorrow, if at all possible. They generally can "work you in" to their already likely busy schedule for a 10 minute procedure which you need - to have the crown together with the post re-cemented with a Dentist's permanent cement. I hope you can do this tomorrow.

As for tonight, I'd leave the crown likely out of your mouth, just to ascertain that you don't inadvertently swallow it at night sleeping, etc. Your Dentist cementing a crown fee should not cost you much!

Dr. Rampton

*Please let me know if you should have any additional concerns - OK? Thanks...