Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

Questions regarding my oral health.

Customer Question
Questions regarding my oral health.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dental
9/17/2017
Dentist: Drew Moore DDS MS, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 8 months ago
Drew Moore DDS MS
Drew Moore DDS MS, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

HI. This is Dr. Moore. What questions do you have?

About my gums.I am conern about my gums.

I don't see anything in particular that looks wrong. What about your gums concerns you?

Is it recedding

I do see some slight recession. That can be caused by a couple of things. If you are using anything other than a soft brush, you can do some damage and get some gum recession. If you are doing lots of grinding, you might cause recession. You have some slight recession. However, you have a very nice band of the proper kind of gum attachment support and attachment. Many people have recession and not enough good supporting gum.

So, make sure you're using a soft brush and are just barely brushing along the gumline, and then away from the teeth. If this recession still concerns you or get worse, go to a periodontist and get evaluated to see if you need grafting. Thanks.

If I have answered your question, please accept my answer and leave me a great rating. Thanks and good luck. You should get a periodontist to examine you, but it is not a dire situation.

Do you have any other questions? Thanks.

Dr. Moore

Drew Moore DDS MS
Drew Moore DDS MS