Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I have bleeding around one tooth. Seems to be behind it. I…

Customer Question
I have bleeding around...

I have bleeding around one tooth. Seems to be behind it. I see the dentist regularly and had a checkup and cleaning about 3 weeks ago and all ok. Do not typically have bleeding gums.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?

No swelling. teeth cleaning and check up 3 weeks ago and all ok.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?

I recently started letrozol2.5 after breast cancer, I told my dentist at the check up.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Dental
9/17/2017
Dentist: Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 9 months ago
Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Hi, if it is the last tooth in the arch it could just be an inflammatory response to debris and foods that have fermented and cause a localized inflammation. This is common when the spaces between gum (sulcus) and tooth are not debrided especially before going to bed for the night. The best thing to do now is to use either salt water rinses or hydrogen peroxide 1:1 ratio for rinsing. Getting a water pik is also a great aid in preventing localized bleeding and inflammation.

If you can upload a photo of the area I will be able to comment further:

You can use this link for instructions: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert ,

You can use the "PAPER CLIP ICON" ,

OR you can use a photo hosting site like: , https://www.flickr.com/ , http://imgur.com/, http://photobucket.com/ and then send me the link.

Thank you.

Do you need more information?