Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I am concern about my teeth?

Customer Question
I am concern about my teeth?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dental
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/17/2017
Dentist: Just Dental Truths!, Dentist replied 8 months ago
Just Dental Truths!

Can I assist you? What seems to be the problem/s Sir?

Dr. Rampton

My gums here is a picture.What you think?

It could just be me. What in particular was the gum issue for you?

Is my gums good or its bad.
Is it bad.
Is the gum reccedding
Did you received my message.

Sorry, a miniature emergency there...

The pixels leave me guessing a little bit, but from what I "think" I see, there is a mm or so on your upper left side gums (cheek or outer side).

We see a lot of gum recession as Dentists. If you can keep it in check now, without progressing further, you should be fine though.

Is it a little bit of gum reccession or alot.
Did it went through.

By most Dentist's standards, minimal recession.

To be a bit more definitive; minimal recession occurs a little on most everyone over the years. It's when one starts to get 3 mm or more that it becomes truly cumbersome. That said, non is IDEALLY best, true! And, it won't grow back on it's own.

With the little minimal that I see on your teeth? I'd try to not be concerned. I mean I'd perhaps get a Hygienist to clean your teeth every 6 months or so, I'd brush very religiously daily minimally twice a day, and I'd (this is important here) use a soft bristle tooth brush ALWAYS!!! It will tend to stop further recession. I'd also floss one time each day - even if you are tired. When you brush, spend 3-4 minutes doing so. If you do these things, the tiny recession you have will pose no problem for you, and even better, future recession will essentially NOT OCCUR!

All the dentist i go too doesnt want to take new patients or their is a waiting list to be seen i have to bag them to see me.

Many people find that if Dentist #1 is too busy, then they'll call the office of #2 or #3, you may need to do something like that, huh?

The rel key to the future here is to prevent any recession or further recession... The above good oral hygiene practices, especially the soft bristled tooth brush will be your best ally in this stopping of any recession. The rough/tough bristles ruin the gum and cause recession. But I think your gums, at present look fine!

Dr. Rampton

Well, I hope I was able to help, at least in part.

Please do rate my answer, and I certainly wish you the very best!

Dr. Rampton

Do you need any further assistance?

Dr. Rampton

Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!, Dentist