Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I have small black lump under the tongue. No pain or other…

Customer Question
I have small black...

I have small black lump under the tongue. No pain or other symptom

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

No pain. Felt lump today.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?

Nothing

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dental
9/16/2017
Dentist: Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 11 months ago
Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

If you can upload a photo it would help in the diagnosis.

You can use this link for instructions: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert ,

You can use the "PAPER CLIP ICON" ,

OR you can use a photo hosting site like: , https://www.flickr.com/ , http://imgur.com/, http://photobucket.com/ and then send me the link.

Thank you.

sending picture of black lump under tongue

Thanks for the photo!

What you have is either from trauma or from a clogged minor salivary gland. Neither of which is a concern and is temporary. This is just an accumulation of blood that is a result of trauma. It is benign and will heal on its own without you requiring any treatment or medication.

Do you recall eating something hard or crunchy or sharp in the last 2 day?

I might add that these issues normally heal in 7-10 days on their own!! :):)

Are you still there?

Dentist: Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 10 months ago

Are you improving?