Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

Second opinion] I have a little red in my gums upper part is…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I have a...
Second opinion] I have a little red in my gums upper part is that bad but I am not bleeding or nothing?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dental
9/15/2017
Dentist: Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 8 months ago
Lara Coseo
Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Good afternoon! I'd be happy to help you figure out what is going on with your gums.

Typically redness indicates that there is some kind of inflammation, especially if it is in an isolated spot, and the rest of your gums are a healthy, pink color. Inflammation of the gums is called gingivitis, and it can sometimes cause bleeding and tenderness, too, but not always.

Would you mind answering a few questions for me?

1) Where is the red area located? Would you be able to take a photo of it?

2) How long has it been present?

3) When was your last professional cleaning with a dentist?

Sincerely,

Dr. Lara

Lara Coseo
Lara Coseo
Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)