Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

In January of this year I had to have a crown. When I went

Customer Question
in for the initial fitting...
In January of this year I had to have a crown. When I went in for the initial fitting, etc. I left with a weird sound when chewing. It sounds like I'm chewing cardboard. I thought it would wear off but has not and is very embarrassing when sitting next to some one. Any suggestions?
JA: Have you seen a dentist about this yet?
Customer: When I went back to him for the crown I mentioned it to him and he laughed. I am seeing him today and wondered what to do.
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.
Customer: He gave me novacain (sp) at 2:30 and it did not wear off until around 6:30 that evening. I noticed the sound when I was finally able to eat and just figured it was the temp crown. I wonder if he is going to laugh again when I mention this.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dental
9/14/2017
Dentist: Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 2 months ago
Lara Coseo
Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Good afternoon! I would be happy to help you figure this out. Do you have any symptoms at all on this tooth? Sensitivity to hot, cold, or chewing? Does it feel unusual when you chew, or do you only notice the strange sound? Is this sound exactly the same on the permanent crown as it was with the temporary crown ?

Sincerely,

Dr. Lara

Lara Coseo
Lara Coseo
Lara Coseo, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)