Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I have had a sore tongue on the left side for about a month,

Customer Question
I have had a...

I have had a sore tongue on the left side for about a month, and now i have noticed white spots on the left side of my tonsils

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Its more of an irritation than a pain, I've had it for about a month, nothing seems to aggravate it, its just always there

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Dental
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/13/2017
Dentist: Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 9 months ago
Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

If you can upload a photo it would help in the diagnosis.

You can use this link for instructions: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert ,

You can use the "PAPER CLIP ICON" ,

OR you can use a photo hosting site like: , https://www.flickr.com/ , http://imgur.com/, http://photobucket.com/ and then send me the link.

Thank you.

ok
done

Hi, thanks for the photo. I can see the tonsils real well and those appear to be lymphoid aggregates which are normal and are of no concern unless they enlarge and become painful.

The photo is a little blurred for the tongue so if you could send a sharper image it would help. What I do notice is a slightly red area which is normally caused by irritation or trauma that is a result of eating and chewing and could also be from spicy or acidic foods as well. Both of which are transient and will disappear on their own if the irritant or trauma is removed.

If you can, please upload another pic of the tongue. Thnaks.

this is the side thats irritated

Thanks!! That is what I thought when I saw your first pic!!

That is definitely from trauma from eating and chewing. Just be more gentle when chewing going forward and the area will heal otherwise it will just stay traumatized but will not develop into anything dangerous or to be concerned about.

This is a common issue for folks especially for the ones that eat in a hurry and chew quickly. No treatment is needed except being a little more careful when eating. Hope this answers your question? If you need more information please do ask. Thanks.

Hi, are you still there?

Did you get all you wanted from this site?