Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

Should I get Novocain to have it cut off? I can't see them…

Customer Question
Should I get Novocain to...
Should I get Novocain to have it cut off? I can't see them trying to remove without it. And please can you tell me what is meant by super erupt as well as the opposing tooth?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dental
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/13/2017
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 8 months ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

You do not need to open a new question. Please go back to your original question to see my response and I will help you.

It is not necessary to have a local anesthetic to remove a crown on a root canaled tooth. Super erupt means that the tooth will move up or down out of the socket until it hits the opposing tooth. This takes time but it does happen.

Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)