Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist - DDS
Experience:  Dentist and Anesthesiologist for 37 years.Anesthesiology Fellow-Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.Evaluator for Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.
65223180

Should I get Novocain to have it cut off? I can't see them

Customer Question

Should I get Novocain to have it cut off? I can't see them trying to remove without it. And please can you tell me what is meant by super erupt as well as the opposing tooth?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 month ago.

You do not need to open a new question. Please go back to your original question to see my response and I will help you.

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 month ago.

It is not necessary to have a local anesthetic to remove a crown on a root canaled tooth. Super erupt means that the tooth will move up or down out of the socket until it hits the opposing tooth. This takes time but it does happen.