Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I just found out my former dentist lost his license. After…

Customer Question
I just found out...

I just found out my former dentist lost his license. After finding a new dentist, I had to have all the work he performed redone. About $15,000 worth. I read the reasons he lost his license and they are identical to my problems. What should I do if anything?

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last visit to the dentist? Any irregular checkups?

His staff said he was sick and would be out indefinitely. I now know that is a lie. I had a dentist in his practice replace a crown that was only a year old and they charged me for it, after that I changed dentist only to find out all the crowns he placed were in the same condition

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?

No Well, other than her gave me nitrous gas and didn't have a license to administer it about 5 x

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dental
9/12/2017
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 11 months ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

I am not sure that I understand your question. Do you want legal advice or advice with a dental problem?

I'm asking if it would be reasonable
To have him reimburse me for the work I had replaced? Would a
Patient typically do this? I am
Not wealthy. It was a strain to pay for this twice.

It would certainly be reasonable to ask for a reimbursement for work that needed to be redone.The problem would be getting him to actually give your money back. You certainly have reasonable cause to ask for the reimbursement but you may find that you need to either file a complaint with the dental board or actually retain an attorney to get any results.

Is there anything else that I can help you with?

If you have no further questions,please leave a rating. We get no credit for our time without one. Thanks

Can you please leave a rating if you have no further questions? We get no credit for our time without one . Thanks