Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I have extreme short term bleeding behind a lower back

Customer Question
I have extreme short...

I have extreme short term bleeding behind a lower back molar. It started two days ago. I recently had a cleaning.

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last visit to the dentist? Any irregular checkups?

August 23,2017

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dental
9/11/2017
Dentist: Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 11 months ago
Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Hi, it is possible that there was some tissue torn or irritated during the cleaning visit which could easily cause some bleeding. However, after this length of time after the visit the cause is most likely not the cleaning. As long as the bleeding is not continuous or reoccuring then you should be ok going forward! Bleeding can easly occur if the area is traumatized by eating or just by your home care and if it is self limiting then you should be ok.

Are you still bleeding? Is the molar the last tooth in your arch? Any other symptoms? Thanks.