Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I have a swollen area above my eye tooth on the right side.

Customer Question
I have a swollen...

I have a swollen area above my eye tooth on the right side. It's above the gum line just below the base of my nose. Hurts

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

No recent injuries. Just noticed it yesterday.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?

I have bad allergies. The top 4 teeth are crowns. About 3 years old.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dental
9/11/2017
Dentist: Just Dental Truths!, Dentist replied 11 months ago
Just Dental Truths!

So sorry you are having this swelling!

______________________________

This is what I would recommend: I would go see your Dentist of choice for a brief x-ray and to let him or her get a good visual of the swollen area. Because the x-ray will quickly tell if abscess is occurring or not!

My guess (And I hope I'm wrong), is that it could very possibly be an abscess from one of your front teeth, perhaps one of the crowned front 4 teeth. If it is; don't be overly concerned though, it can easily be fixed, and won't in any way ruin your crown/s, but I'd suggest you try to get into your Dentist fairly quickly - if at all possible. Does this make sense?

Dr. Rampton

I am on vacation and not near my dentist.

I understand... I was merely responding to your question.

Hopefully, all will be well until you return, at which I time I'd strongly recommend you see your Dentist for an x-ray and visual exam - OK? Swish a few times a day, may help a tid-bit. And keep up the good oral hygiene ( -:

Dr. Rampton

How is the swollen area doing?