Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA, American Academy of Oral Medicine
2883465

Im having a bridge replaced because my gums receded and the

Customer Question

Im having a bridge replaced because my gums receded and the anchor teeth decayed. I have a temporary installed now. My dentist said there wasn't enough of the rear anchor tooth left so he went one tooth back and ground it down to use as a new anchor. My concern is that when the new bridge is installed over the old ground down tooth, it will decay over time. Should I have it removed before the permanent bridge is installed?
JA: Are you experiencing any swelling? Do your gums bleed when you brush or floss?
Customer: No
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.
Customer: I gave you a detailed message of my concern. Should I let the dentist install the bridge over the ground down tooth or should I have it removed first?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Drew Moore DDS MS replied 1 month ago.

Hi. This is Dr. Moore. Do you happen to have any X-rays or intra-oral pictures? Thanks.