Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

Im having a bridge replaced because my gums receded and the…

Customer Question
Im having a bridge...

Im having a bridge replaced because my gums receded and the anchor teeth decayed. I have a temporary installed now. My dentist said there wasn't enough of the rear anchor tooth left so he went one tooth back and ground it down to use as a new anchor. My concern is that when the new bridge is installed over the old ground down tooth, it will decay over time. Should I have it removed before the permanent bridge is installed?

Doctor's Assistant: Are you experiencing any swelling? Do your gums bleed when you brush or floss?

No

Doctor's Assistant: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.

I gave you a detailed message of my concern. Should I let the dentist install the bridge over the ground down tooth or should I have it removed first?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dental
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/7/2017
Dentist: Drew Moore DDS MS, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 11 months ago
Drew Moore DDS MS
Drew Moore DDS MS, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Hi. This is Dr. Moore. Do you happen to have any X-rays or intra-oral pictures? Thanks.