How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Root Canal Doctor Your Own Question
Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)
Category: Dental
Satisfied Customers: 1750
Experience:  Endodontist (DDS,MS)-50 years of practice, Endodontics Assoc. Professor at Loyola University School of Dentistry, Air Force Veteran
Type Your Dental Question Here...
Root Canal Doctor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband has a small whitish looking tag under his close

Customer Question

Hello, my husband has a small whitish looking tag under his young close to bottom of mouth Can you tell me what it could be? Thank you
JA: Have you noticed any recent swelling? Do you have any tooth pain?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?
Customer: No not really. I have a small cavity on the left side back molar I need to get fixed But that's it. Never had many prob with my teeth
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Root Canal Doctor replied 1 month ago.


If you can upload a photo it would help in the diagnosis.

You can use this link for instructions: ,

You can use the "PAPER CLIP ICON" ,

OR you can use a photo hosting site like: , ,, and then send me the link.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Here are the pics
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Forget it.
Expert:  Root Canal Doctor replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thanks for the great pics!! What is on the tongue is just a fibroma which is almost always benign and not life threatening.

What I suggest you do is call your dentist and have it removed and biopsied to ensure that it is in fact benign. This is very easy painless procedure and if your dentist does not want to remove it he will refer you to an Oral Surgeon who does. It is a very uncomplicated removal so there is no reason to worry. This is not an emergency at all but be sure not to forget about having it removed. OK???