Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

My husband has a small whitish looking tag under his close…

Customer Question
Hello, my husband has...

Hello, my husband has a small whitish looking tag under his young close to bottom of mouth Can you tell me what it could be? Thank you

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any recent swelling? Do you have any tooth pain?

No

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?

No not really. I have a small cavity on the left side back molar I need to get fixed But that's it. Never had many prob with my teeth

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dental
9/7/2017
Dentist: Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 8 months ago
Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

If you can upload a photo it would help in the diagnosis.

You can use this link for instructions: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert ,

You can use the "PAPER CLIP ICON" ,

OR you can use a photo hosting site like: , https://www.flickr.com/ , http://imgur.com/, http://photobucket.com/ and then send me the link.

Thank you.

Here are the pics
Forget it.

Hi, thanks for the great pics!! What is on the tongue is just a fibroma which is almost always benign and not life threatening.

What I suggest you do is call your dentist and have it removed and biopsied to ensure that it is in fact benign. This is very easy painless procedure and if your dentist does not want to remove it he will refer you to an Oral Surgeon who does. It is a very uncomplicated removal so there is no reason to worry. This is not an emergency at all but be sure not to forget about having it removed. OK???

Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor