Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA, American Academy of Oral Medicine
2883465

I have a four tooth bridge. It was installed over a year

Customer Question

I have a four tooth bridge. It was installed over a year ago. It has always caused me discomfort. The back tooth always has irritated gums. Often the front tooth has a dull ache. At my six month appt and at other requested times I have had it checked. Bite adjustments have been made, but it still is uncomfortable. I try to ignore it, but my tongue is always checking it.
JA: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?
Customer: No swelling. Last time to have it checked was about a month ago. X-rays were taken about three months ago to ensure that there was no decay in the roots of the anchor teeth.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?
Customer: I grind my teeth at night and have a night guard. But when I wear it I often wake up with headaches. So don't wear it often.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 month ago.

Did you have any discomfort in the teeth prior to the bridge being placed? What exactly is your question?