Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

Root canal from 3 Years ago is causing pain. Any at home…

Customer Question
Root canal from 3 Years...
Root canal from 3 Years ago is causing pain. Any at home remedies you can suggest until I can get to a dentist next year.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dental
8/31/2017
Dentist: Just Dental Truths!, Dentist replied 10 months ago
Just Dental Truths!

So sorry to hear of the trouble!

Many times by biting less hard on the involved tooth, the pain or associated discomfort will subside, at least in part. If your root canal tooth possibly is hitting high, it "may" merely need to be adjusted to not be so high. Your Dentist would need to be seen to adjust this.

I'm thinking that you understandably have Insurance situation/s where Insurance won't kick in till January? If so, sometimes when you make a 10 minute appointment with your Dental office, you may want to express the Insurance concern with them. Also, with your Dentist when you see him or her. Because often, they can "work with you" with regard to avoiding any costly expenses now, and still likely adjust your bite, and/or find out why & what is wrong.

________________________________

So to summarize: I'd suggest, if you can to see your preferred Dentist for a quick appointment. I'd explain up front your (very important) "financial" concerns, asking or inferring that they can hopefully work with you. Hopefully it may well be merely a high tooth/filling/crown, etc., that is making your tooth so sore. But if not, they may be able to tell quickly what is wrong, and help you to avoid sleepless nights and what not, all while the Dental personnel are being cognizant of your financial concerns. Does this make sense?

Thank you.

Might you have any additional concerns or questions?

If you do now, that's fine. And if you do later tonight, please don't hesitate to ask then as well, )K?

*Please do rate my answer, and I certainly do hope things go very positively for you!

Dr. Rampton

How is the tooth doing today?