Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

My front implant just fell out while brushing anything i can…

Customer Question
My front implant just...

My front implant just fell out while brushing anything i can glue it in til tomorrow this is saturday nite

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a dentist about this yet?

No it just happened 10:00 pm sat.

Doctor's Assistant: Please give me a bit more information, so the dentist can help you best.

This is my left very front toothit is an implant I think and the tooth came o f I cn put it back on the pointy thing that is still in my gum but it doesnt stay on

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?

No about six months I had it done about 20 years ago at U T tSanantonio

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dental
8/6/2017
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 6 months ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

It sounds as if you have a crown that was cemented to a a post buildup. This is not an implant. The core of the crown broke off inside of the crown. It sounds as if there is not enough of the core remaining to cement it back on. Save the crown because if the margins of the core are still intact,the crown can be retrofitted to a new core. If all you have is a small post,it will be difficult to get any retention to keep the crown on without falling off.In some cases you can clean out the inside of the crown and use some Dent temp available at drug stores to temporarily keep the crown on until you can see a dentist. In any case you will need to get to a dentist ASAP.

Is there any other information that you need?

If you have no further questions,please leave a rating. We get no credit for our time without one . Thanks

Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)