Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I have 4 wisdom teeth that need to come out, i'm having

Customer Question
I have 4 wisdom teeth...
I have 4 wisdom teeth that need to come out, i'm having fevers, headaches, sore throat, blisters within mouth, puss coming out of two bottom molars (been cleaning that every few minutes, small quantities). I have a blister on my tongue that looks like it was scrapped (is that normal?) and my throat hurts when I swallow - when it doesn't, it feels like something is scratching when it goes down.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dental
8/5/2017
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 8 months ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Normally wisdom teeth do not cause fevers but can lead to swelling ,sore throat,infections and blisters in your mouth. You need to stay on the amoxicillin and get to a dentist or oral surgeon ASAP to have these teeth removed. If you had an X-ray to upload,I could tell you which ones need to be removed right away.

Would the infection cause the fevers? Don't have an x-ray - they keep those - been going to Western Dental.

Tooth infections normally don't cause fevers unless the infection becomes systemic. That is very unusual unless they have been infected for a long time. There would be considerable swelling if that were the case.

You may just be having a viral infection that is coincidental.Fevers and headaches are not normally associated with wisdom tooth impactions.The blister on your tongue may be from the tongue rubbing against a broken tooth fragment.

You should be taking 500 mg of amoxicillin every 8 hours. It will take 48 hours before it begins to show any effects. You do need to get into a dental office ASAP. These type of things do not resolve themselves.

Is there anything else that I can help you with?

Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)